AUTHOR STEVIE BAGGS JR. IS TAPPING INTO YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND!
Stevie Baggs Jr. is a retired NFL and CFL player who has now gone on to star on hit TV shows like Tyler Perry's Ruthless and in the upcoming new season of Netflix's hit series, Cobra Kai. But beyond his sports career and acting chops, Stevie is an author who has found great success with his best-selling books, "Woke - a Dictionary for the Conscious Mind" and "Greater Than The Game".
His latest release being Woke, the book helps to define the word Woke and how it has evolved as the new era call for consciousness, inspiring innovation and engagement of a community of thinkers and doers.
Combining wisdom, wonder and self-discovery, Stevie Baggs Jr. calls us in this book to action to embark upon an enlightening journey that teaches us to question the world around us and to be guided by principles of logic and reason.
Filled with essential wisdom that leads us to listen to our hearts, and to fill our souls with knowledge to relentlessly follow our dreams and ultimately inspire the world.
1. What is the key to success as an author you have found?
I feel that the prefix to the word authority being Author gives us the authority to control our own narratives. The key to an author's success is speaking his/her truth.
2. "Woke - a Dictionary for the Conscious Mind" and "Greater Than The Game" are best-sellers! Tell us about these books and why you believe they've been such a hit?
They are hits because it comes from a real place. I wrote both books in two different seasons of my life and I’m thankful to have my story help others.
3. What was the hardest part about writing these?
Sitting still was the most difficult part for me. To allow my thoughts to manifest I had to be in a still place in my mind, body and spirit.
4. Was it difficult transitioning from the game you love into life as an author, speaker and actor?
Absolutely not, because the purpose behind why I do/did everything that I do professionally is connected to my overall objective which is to use my platform to change the way people think.
5. Are you currently working on any new books?
Not at this time. I just released “Woke” a year ago!!!
6. What authors and books are on your top reading list?
Marcus Garvey/Don Miguel Ruiz.
7. What is your goal for the New Year?
To continue to evolve my peace and power as well as my consciousness.
For more on Stevie follow him on social media at: www.instagram.com/steviebaggsjr